Swift are looking for a trainer/assessor to deliver high quality training and assessments to our digital marketing apprentices, on an agreed time scale and to nationally recognised standards.
The trainer/assessor will be responsible for monitoring apprentice learning and progress throughout the programme, and reporting progress in an agreed format, whilst meeting agreed report deadlines.
You will be working directly with our digital marketing apprentices, and their respective employers. You will host virtual workshops to educate apprentices on the trends and topics of digital marketing in a professional environment.
Swift are an award-winning apprenticeship provider and digital marketing recruiter based in Birmingham. It is our mission to deliver excellence to both our learner candidates and our employer clients.
Our office is fun and friendly, located in central Birmingham, on a direct bus route, and 5 minutes’ walk away from Snow Hill train station and Birmingham City Centre.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Mentor apprentices to achieve and learn professional skills required for the workplace
- To deliver workshop and classroom-based sessions to digital marketing apprentices associated with the academy
- To ensure each group is following the agreed program and schedule
- To actively support fellow members within your team
- To report apprentice issues to the IQA manager
- Follow agreed procedures to deal with disciplinary and classroom management issues
- To mark apprentice assessments and give feedback to the individuals
- To continually review and develop supporting resources for apprentices
- To ensure your own skill sets are kept up to date and relevant
Assurance of Quality
- To monitor the progress of apprentices allotted to you on your site
- To ensure necessary assessment of apprentices and reporting of any issues to the IQA manager
- To ensure apprentice registers are taken daily and absences are reported to the academy manager
- Maintain appropriate tracking systems and procedures relating to quality, compliance, management, delivery, and assessment
- To ensure your compliance with business systems and procedures
- To carry out apprentice reviews as required
- To attend all meetings and workshops as necessary to carry out your role more effectively
- To work within and acknowledge all health and safety procedures relevant to the academy and continually re-enforce to apprentices
- To adhere to Equality and Diversity procedures and re-enforce to Apprentices
- To maintain 85% retention and completion of Apprentices
- To ensure relevant paperwork is always used correctly
- To ensure that the whole assessment process is followed and that apprentice portfolios are complete and up to date
- To ensure that all the compliance and process requirements relevant to your role of funding partners are met in full
- Remain up to date with any changes with the framework, qualification, and assessment process
- To carry out regular on-site reviews of materials and delivery methods with the Academy staff and report findings where required
- Actively promote the value and raise the profile of the Academy
- 85% retention and completion of Apprentices
- Delivery of all required guided learning hours for the project
- It is imperative that all documentation related to funding and audit requirements are 100% accurate and to ensure that all claims are made on time to the relevant funder
- Delivery of the training and required assessment to be timely and in line with the scheme of work
- Positive mental, can do, attitude
- Good understanding and application of teamwork
- Integrity and honesty
- Willing to take responsibility and accountability
- Problem solver
- Ability to relate to young people
- Attention to detail
- Good understand of level 3 mathematics
- Good understanding of CNC programming and operating
Knowledge and Qualification Requirements
- Experienced and qualified support teaching and learning background.
- To hold (or pass) an Enhanced DBS check
- Experience of training and delivery in the engineering sector
- Experience of delivering to 16–18-year-olds
- Hold a teaching qualification, or willing to work towards
Assessor qualified, or willing to work towards
- Knowledge of the FE sector and funded programs
- Level 2 IAG qualification
- Hold level 2 English and Maths qualification or willing to work towards.